Saturday 30 November 2013

Focus on your weakness


Work those weaknesses and pretty soon you will wonder what the fuss was all about.  Whether it's your kicking in kickboxing, your takedowns in Krav Maga or double unders in CrossFit, spend some time on them and make yourself a hard target.  Even just five minutes before a class can make all the difference over the course of a week.  Imagine you are struggling with hand position for your lifting. Get in and work on your mobility - in fact you can probably be doing this all day at work. If it's your footwork from the boxing then why the hell can't you train this? Every few steps think about how you transfer your weight and start bobbing and weaving all over the office.  That's a bit extreme but you know what I mean. In my old life I was always getting busted doing stupid things like closing doors with elbow strikes and keeping them open imaging I was working on low line traps and levers. I'd be buttering my toast - next thing I'm using the knife for a dexterity drill from Tactical Edge. 

Get into the open mat sessions at the gym and get working on making yourself better.


No comments:

Post a Comment