Friday 10 May 2013

Wrestling update - Iceland 2013

Well that's me back from Iceland and the FILC European Celtic Wrestling Championships have ended for another year!

Was an opportunity I'm glad I took, had a great trip and watched some amazing wrestlers do their thing. Meet some great people and made loads of new friends.

Over the 3 days I managed to place 4th in the Glima and took Bronze in both the Backhold and Gouren categories. To say that I'm happy with these results would be and under statement. Was hard work and took a few knocks along the way but was well worth it all.

Below are some pics from the Championships


Getting ready to wrestle!




This was my first match against one of the favorites in the 62kg category. First win of the day. Apparently I dislocated his shoulder!!!




Myself and Max discussing and trying to figure out our competition.



Father and son celebrate a rather successful day of medal collection!!!




So to finish up, was a great trip with great company. And the fact I won a couple medals, well that just makes it all the better!

Scott M

No comments:

Post a Comment