Monday 23 July 2012

USE OF FORCE

Often in class we might practice what would be seen as overkill. We all know how many police officers are training at the gym and I always go out of my way to explain the use of the force ladder. If someone grabs you then in most circumstances you cannot put a hand grenade down their jumper. It's common sense, the more serious YOU deem the situation the more force YOU can use. In class I like to link things together so if we are training a combative set then I want to get as much from it as possible. Practice as many strikes as I can from an altercation. It's my insurance policy and makes for good solid training. It would be like a soldier only firing one round hoping he hits his target when in fact he puts lots of rounds down range or thinks about more than one target. That is why I love Kelly Worden's dirty dozen. 12 strikes that ink together which in practice you use two or three. At the end of the day i treat everyone like an adult. You make your own decisions outside in life however, in the gym I try and guide you and coach you to get the most from your training. Marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment