Thursday 28 February 2008

Wednesday 27th @ Krav Maga Edinburgh

Last night we worked against the haymaker as statically that is what we will most likely face. I made sure that people were aware of what was going around them whilst they fought against an attacker as opposed to waiting until they had disengaged and then start to scan the area. We ramped this up by adding in another opponent who could attack at any point during the altercation. For safety we limited the second attacker to either a haymaker or a kick to the groin. You see the energy involved in these drills completely changes when something goes live and there is more movement involved. The person isn’t necessarily where you think he is going to be or he reacts differently to your attacks. I keep stressing that you just deal with what’s in front of you. It’s the whole tool vs technique way of thinking.

Like I said last night after that punishing bit of phys – I will give a months free membership to the first person who can finish the workout in ten mins next week. It will be a punishing workout but achievable. I want it done properly as if you lie to me about it you are basically stealing from me. If you steal then I will make those free four weeks a misery for you. However, if you earn it properly then you will get a big well done!

1 comment:

  1. Shalom everyone!

    Like reading about everything you've been up to since I've been away.

    Keep up the good work. See you all in a few weeks.

    Steven

    ReplyDelete