Thursday 21 March 2013

Training For Time.

When you are training, and you are are training for time, you need to think about the best time to stop. For example, imagine you are doing 10 push ups, 10 burpees and 10 crunches for 5 rounds. Now the burpees would be the challenging part for me and as the rounds go on I'm not going to be rattling them out in sets of 10. I need to work out when I am doing the burpees when is the optimal time for me to take my foot off the gas. By that I mean I'm on my 3rd rep and I think I can push to 5 but my recovery time will be longer. So, I rest after rep 3 which means I can smash back into the remaining 7 quicker. In classes when similar workouts are up on the board you need to think about these things so you can get the most from your training.



No comments:

Post a Comment